The Kent Women in Business Awards 2015 take place tonight, with over 70 of Kent’s top business women vying for honours – five of whom are directly connected to BSK.
BSK CEO, Alex Ledger, along with Business Growth Manager, Annette Bunn, will be presenting the Business Woman of the Year (over 3 years) Award. Alex says: ” We are thrilled that some of our clients have been recognised and looking to celebrating the success of Women within Kent. Our congratulations to all those who have been nominated and the winners of each category.”
There’s much interest for BSK, as four of our GrowthAccelerator clients have been shortlisted – thankfully in different categories!
- Hanna Gee (Love Inc), began manufacturing vintage wares for her pop up shop in Tunbridge Wells, moving to online trading. Proving particularly popular are her educational placemats. which are being sold both retail and wholesale. She is shortlisted in Retailer of the Year.
- Kristina Boulden (Romney Marsh Wools) produces raw wools for throws and cushions, plus lanolin based toiletries, such as soaps, shampoos and hand lotions. She is a previous KEiBA finalist and a KWIB winner in 2013. Kristina is nominated in the Professional Achievement Award.
- Denise Keeson of Your Physical Plan YPP.Com Limited has been established for 1 year and specialises in providing marketing, admin and support services to the healthcare industry. Denise is shortlisted for the Business Woman of the Year (under 3 years).
- Anny Lowe of Elsatex, one of our most successful clients and already the recipient of many of Kent’s most prestigious business awards. Anny is nominated in the Business Woman of the Year (over 3 years) category.
- Finally, Jane Ollis, previously CEO of BSK and now with RIFT Accounting, is shortlisted in the Business Woman of the Year (under 3 years).
We wish all of them the best of luck!
Now in its third year, KWiBA is viewed as one of the most vibrant awards in the county, with a record number of entries for 2015. The ceremony takes place tonight in a black tie gala celebration at the Great Danes Hotel in Hollingbourne. Last minute tickets to the ceremony can be bought here.